Eternal Rose Linkshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final fantasy XIV Eternal Rose linkshell's forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Eternal-Rose linkshell is transitioning to a new forum; http://eternal-rose.enjin.com/

Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!

Go down 
+3
N'awikhe Xaran
Zeblackcat
Maô
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character
Name: Phyllo Rastell
Race: Lalafell
Main Class: Lancer Lancer

Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 13:10

Heya Ly (too used to it x3)
That's quite the feedback here O.O

-About the background: honestly, I stole it on the old lodestone so it's one of the officials, there was a dark red colored one and this one, I chose this one because it matched more with our LS, at first it was a little too dark so we could not see the links well but Zeblackcat made it brighter.
Now the little story has been told, lets get to the main subject, the problem is that there isn't a lot of "usable" picture for our background since artwork is always better than ugly CG pictures, if I could I would have put something mainly ice blue to match with the game's crystal in the main menu, but there was not.
So until we make our own background, it will be kinda hard to find one that is better than this one.

-Is that so? It's the basic one though, is there people who are bothered by the font too?

-actually, I think that guests cannot see the portal and no it's not really the most important part of the forum, it's just a page that shows who are the most actives, the last posts/threads/polls etc..
It is not really important but it's not an useless feature either.
All you said is going to be in /General, but since the forum is still in construction (if the game had not been shouted down, this forum would have not been accessible yet, I gave the link because I did not wanted for us to split apart)

-yes , some forum names are inadequate because I made them in rush since the game was ending, some of the names need to change, for others it is the description that needs to be changed, we will take care of it don't worry

Well, I would feel bad to ask for people who won't buy the game to leave the forum >_>

I never said I wanted us to become professional, there is two reason for that 1) I don't think everyone will like the change if we do so 2) I am not the one in charge here, it is not up to me to decide what we should do.
But don't worry, jerks, trolls etc... will be warned to stop their **** if they don't want to get temporarily ban (I think everyone agrees pretty much with that)

Don't worry, we're still under construction, it will get better and better
Back to top Go down
http://eternal-rose.skyforum.net
Mamami
Rising "star"
Rising
Mamami

Character
Name: Mamami
Main Class: Conjurer Conjurer

Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 15:00

Some comments for you.

Maô wrote:
Heya Ly (too used to it x3)
That's quite the feedback here O.O

-About the background: honestly, I stole it on the old lodestone so it's one of the officials, there was a dark red colored one and this one, I chose this one because it matched more with our LS, at first it was a little too dark so we could not see the links well but Zeblackcat made it brighter.
Now the little story has been told, lets get to the main subject, the problem is that there isn't a lot of "usable" picture for our background since artwork is always better than ugly CG pictures, if I could I would have put something mainly ice blue to match with the game's crystal in the main menu, but there was not.
So until we make our own background, it will be kinda hard to find one that is better than this one.

Just thinking maybe this one with reduced saturation?(think it's the saturation)

Maô wrote:

-Is that so? It's the basic one though, is there people who are bothered by the font too?

Not to bothered about the font myself, looks like the default to me and as someone who does web very web safe. Perhaps testing what people think of some other web safe fonts?

There is always the crazy google webfonts too though, some nice readable ones there.

Maô wrote:

-actually, I think that guests cannot see the portal and no it's not really the most important part of the forum, it's just a page that shows who are the most actives, the last posts/threads/polls etc..
It is not really important but it's not an useless feature either.
All you said is going to be in /General, but since the forum is still in construction (if the game had not been shouted down, this forum would have not been accessible yet, I gave the link because I did not wanted for us to split apart)
I take it news will be visible on the portal at some point?
Most place i visit have it on theirs seeing as it is pretty much the index of the board such the name portal.

Maô wrote:

-yes , some forum names are inadequate because I made them in rush since the game was ending, some of the names need to change, for others it is the description that needs to be changed, we will take care of it don't worry

Understandable WIP ^^, with my RS forum from back in the day it took time for proper sections to evolve.

Maô wrote:

Well, I would feel bad to ask for people who won't buy the game to leave the forum >_>
I don't feel you need to, i expect those who don't end up playing will either stop visiting themselves or just stick around for the forums social. Guess they may even end up joining after hang around with such social people on here Very Happy

Maô wrote:

I never said I wanted us to become professional, there is two reason for that 1) I don't think everyone will like the change if we do so 2) I am not the one in charge here, it is not up to me to decide what we should do.
But don't worry, jerks, trolls etc... will be warned to stop their **** if they don't want to get temporarily ban (I think everyone agrees pretty much with that)

Agree, the whole attitude seems more fun and social than some serious company, color scheme so far seems to fit. Would seem out of place to having one of those dark themes.

Maô wrote:

Don't worry, we're still under construction, it will get better and better

\(0∀0)/
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 15:14

Okay...

Is it me or your post is completely dark? O.O

I misclicked on thanks, Fixed it >_> (well, at least now I know that there was a problem about thanked post >_>)

Now I can read you post.

Hum.. I dont really know much about it, I think it's random and depends on how many posts there is on it >_>
What do you see on the portal?
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character
Name: Lilith Rose
Race: Miqo'te

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 15:53

Yeah... I'm taking over the control of the forum looks.
So once I have some time aside from work I will definitely bringer a smoother less stamp/sticker based look to the forums that'll be easier for the eyes and more natural to browse.

This will include forum graphics to keep a consistent style
and forum structure, because we shouldn't try and replace some of the functions of the square enix website or forums, this is a personal linkshell after all and some things are either unnecessary or rather confusing/unclear.

So those are 2 of the things I will try and work on when I get back home, and I'll try and read the feedback of people's suggestions to see if we can solve any of those problems and make this place a "simple" place to hang out for the members when we're unable to play the game or for organizing events.

With focus on the keyword, "Simple."

My apologies in advance for those who liked the playful style, but that isn't going to last too long.

Also Mao, again... before making any changes, this is not the forum I meant for "discussion."
So if some person said a change would be a good idea, that does not mean it's green lit to rush off to the administration panel.
Please run it by the rest of the admins first, and let them have a say.
And since we can't all reply 24/7, it can sometimes mean it takes a few days.
That means, no changes until then.
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 15:58

Yeah I know but this one had to be done immediately, her post became nothing but a big black block.
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 15:58

... what did you change this time? Because now I'm in the dark of the changes you applied, AGAIN!

Stop touching the admin panel all together please!
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 16:04

Er.. I just wrote it, I clicked on "thank" by mistake and her post became entirely black, you could not read a single thing. So I back put the thank background white as it is supposed to be ( so its not a change )
Back to top Go down
Momo Alfon
Momo Alfon

Character
Name: Momo Alfon
Main Class: Thaumaturge Thaumaturge

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 16:05

Zeblackcat i saw it too it was completely black it had to be fixed right away
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 16:12

Okay, thanks.

Sorry... I know you think I'm taking it too serious. But every time I login either something is changed, or I read you did 'something.'
I'm just starting to get a traumatized-shock reaction every time I hear you entered the admin panel by now...

too many cooks spoil the broth

It means if too many people work on 1 thing, with different views on what it should be.
It will ruin the outcome.

Especially after I had worked so hard on the graphics, working on making this forum a better and professional looking place. Making a deal with you about me not changing anything without asking permission, I've been HEAVILY demotivated about the "forums of my own linkshell" when I suddenly hear you invited a new admin and all the changes you keep applying without a single word to me 'BEFORE' doing so.

I'm not a 'serious' gamer or 'pro-gamer' like you're trying to accuse me off, but forums are just a different thing entirely.
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 16:17

All I did was color based ^^ never touched any pictures except the cursor >_>

That is called paranoia x3
Oh by the way did I told you about the ridiculously tiny little pixel that is completely useless that I changed a few hours ago? X3

Joke aside, there was not that much changes >_>
But I understand what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 16:19

No, I made these discussions with you around the time we started working on the forum together rather early on, a lot has happened since.

And I'm really starting to lose my motivation and joy for this forum because of it -_-''
So after all the discussions we had behind screens and in front, bad joke Mao...
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 16:23

Okay okay, anyway I can understand you don't like when I make changes but that was just fixing a major problem.

(I meant since the admin log)
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-23, 16:28

Yeah, but obviously it's been going on since a lot longer.
So the frustration with all your changes has been building for quite some time...

I can understand this was a "major" problem, so it's good you fixed it.
Hence thank you... but PLEASE! Stop doing things in the administration panel -_-''
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2