Eternal Rose Linkshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final fantasy XIV Eternal Rose linkshell's forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Eternal-Rose linkshell is transitioning to a new forum; http://eternal-rose.enjin.com/

Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!

Go down 
+3
N'awikhe Xaran
Zeblackcat
Maô
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character
Name: Phyllo Rastell
Race: Lalafell
Main Class: Lancer Lancer

Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Empty
PostSubject: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 14:18

As it's said in the title, this is a brand new forum, which means that it is pretty empty.
Now I did my best with memories of other forums I was on but we still can do better, it's my first time as a "webmaster" so any suggestions to make our home awesome is welcomed.
Help me become a better webmaster, help your home becoming a better place!
Back to top Go down
http://eternal-rose.skyforum.net
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character
Name: Lilith Rose
Race: Miqo'te
Main Class: Conjurer Conjurer

Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 14:21

And if I find out how to change the graphics, it'll soon get a great overhaul as well!
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 14:24

Did you try twicking with the administrator panel?
Back to top Go down
N'awikhe Xaran
Rising "star"
Rising
N'awikhe Xaran

Character
Name: Xara Jajana
Main Class: Marauder Marauder

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 14:31

The menue road of "Information | Preferences | Signature | Avatar | Friends and foes | Notifications | Topic(s) being watched | Favourites | Character" is hard to see after you click Profile. Otherwise this forum has a very good start.
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 14:35

Yeah I know, but until we have our own background picture (Caaaaat~), I can't do much about this, most colors are hard to see on this background (hence the fact that I left the rest white, for more visibility ^^)
Back to top Go down
N'awikhe Xaran
Rising "star"
Rising
N'awikhe Xaran

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 14:39

I see. Well the current one looks very good at least.
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 14:47

Indeed ^^
I stole it on the lodestone x3

Btw, after saying your avatar... You must tell me where the hotsprings are @w@ !!
I searched for them all week end @w@
Back to top Go down
N'awikhe Xaran
Rising "star"
Rising
N'awikhe Xaran

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 14:49

I'm not so good to remember places but start searching from Costa del sol.
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 14:50

Thanks, I will spend every sec of the little life I have to find them @-@ (not crazy x3)
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 15:06

See, that's why I need to change the graphics. I couldn't even find the administration panel! D:
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 15:07

All the way down the invisible line xD
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 15:27

Yes, you take a left at the hot dog stand, pass 2 of the invisible lines and then follow the third around the bend to the right.
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 15:33

Exactly ^^
Back to top Go down
Mamami
Rising "star"
Rising
Mamami

Character
Name: Mamami

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 15:38

phpBB theme problems is it?
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 15:43

I already found it. Creating a new and consistent design
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-15, 15:53

It's mainly a pic color problem ^^'

Ok ^^ I'll wait and see
Back to top Go down
Caelia
Rising "star"
Rising
Caelia

Character
Name: Caelia Alberic
Main Class: Archer Archer

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-20, 11:19

Hey Mao! Every one in a while the pointer (very cute, btw) is a black square! Not sure why, but I thought I should mention it! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/caelia-alberic/
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-20, 11:33

Yes It seems so, we already talked about that and we think we'll change it, it may be nice but its size is not convenient(+ the black square issue)
thank you
Back to top Go down
Mamami
Rising "star"
Rising
Mamami

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-20, 23:56

Not really a design suggestion but are we on the linkshell list on the beta forum?
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-21, 00:03

Ayah, that too has been discussed about, we will wait until the forum is completed before we post in the list ^^
Back to top Go down
Mamami
Rising "star"
Rising
Mamami

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-21, 19:45

Is there any way we can see a list of everyones characters?
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-21, 20:18

Hum... I may do a list later ^^
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-21, 20:40

Yeah, and it won't get finished if you keep adding things without a single mention Mao!!! >.<~
That scrolling text has a function, it's not meant as theme park decoration... let's just try to give the forum a bit of a professional feeling at least so people will have an easier time using it.
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-21, 20:44

I said I may, did not say right away >_>
I probably won't happen before phase 4/release tho ^^
Back to top Go down
Xenia Quartelli
Frequent customer
Frequent customer
Xenia Quartelli

Character
Name: Xenia Quartelli

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime2013-07-22, 09:38

It's nice to have a forum. But it defiantly have to be better than it is now.

• The background is too colourful.

• The font type isn't the most modern type and it is not really friendly to your eyes. It is maybe nice on paper but definitely not on our screens. It's difficult to read!!! 

• The mouse pointer is funny, but not handy... It could better be the standard arrow.

• What is the purpose of the portal? It's really empty at this moment. I think this is the most important section to attract new members. I think it needs good information about our linkshell. Who are we? Why do we have this linkshell? How do we play? (Hardcore / Casual) You do have to put this information as soon as possible on it! If I am looking for a linkshell what fits to my play style I am happy and come often back. If it's not I will not come back. What I mean to say. What do we have on a great list of members who never are available to play or talk with? It needs clearly information about who we are and what we are looking for.

• Maybe it is more handier to change the text in the Guides, hints and tips category, asking for help is not the same as placing guides, hints and tips. I think it is better to change the name to NEED HELP or something. FFXIV ARR is a big game with a lot of possibilities. Writing down complete guides will be a lot of work and can be easily find on other sites. I also think it's better to place subcategories it's much more easy to search for what you want to know or ask. What I mean is subcategories for races, classes, jobs, locations, dungeons, quests and maybe more...  If not there will be a lot off treads and before you know nobody can find what they are looking for and people are going to ask the same questions over and over again. (Internet is fast, people don't take a lot of time in searching.)

And Phyllo you are right about placing the linkshell on other forums. It is not handy to post our linkshell on the forums right now. There will be a lot of people playing FFXIV on phase 4 because it is free. After phase 4 you get the early access period from then only the people left who have bought the game. When we meet nice people in phase 4 who have bought the game we can surely invite them to the linkshell as well.

But when you say the forum will be more professional after phase 4, I think you are to late! Making a good forum takes a lot of time. And I think you want to play also when the game is online. Wink When the layout is all right you still have to look very often to the new treads and reactions. Otherwise you definitely take a great risk some people are ruing the forum to one big spam forum.  

I don't wanted to say this forum isn't good at all, only you do have to change it to a more professional one as soon as possible and not after phase 4. Only changing the background and font size and style will be great to begin with.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!   Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Currently under construction! Come give your suggestions to make our home better!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next