Eternal Rose Linkshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final fantasy XIV Eternal Rose linkshell's forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Eternal-Rose linkshell is transitioning to a new forum; http://eternal-rose.enjin.com/

Enjin forum discussion

Go down 
+3
Konata
Mamami
Zeblackcat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character
Name: Lilith Rose
Race: Miqo'te
Main Class: Conjurer Conjurer

Enjin forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-27, 22:17

So today I tried out the "Enjin forums" which are specifically dedicated to gaming.

I've already had some past experience with these forums and I can't imagine why I haven't thought about this earlier. This will solve some of the issues we're currently having with design and stability. Giving me the ability to personally support membership payment for possible future features.

The advantages

Character & Game integration
Import & keep your guild characters and ranks synced with various game armories.
Mobile Website
You can browse and access the website anytime, anywhere and from any mobile device
Improved Chat system
No more random logout after a certain time of inactivity, and accessible from mobile devices.

Possibility on future features

10(+) user supported teamspeak or Mumble
Our own possible voice chat server for group chatting. Teamspeak could even have website integration!
Gallery & Showcase
Sounds like just another great way we could share those great moments and screenshots.
Merchandise shopping system
I'll be honest, this one I might not be entirely sure if we need it. Linkshell merchandise?

The future features are subscription based. And I've let out some of the more technical yada blabla. But I'll gladly answer any further questions or involve into discussions on whether this might be a good idea to change websites to. Since this is more professional to show off and possibly advertise in the linkshell forums for future members and growth. And just generally feels more slick to use.

Please let me hear your thoughts!
http://eternal-rose.enjin.com/

This is in no way final, suggestions and feedback are welcomed. And this came after Konata posted a link to a "Moogle" realm based mIRC chat server where I got to chatting about a future of possibly Enjin/Guildworks;
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/49574-Moogle-Server-mIRC-Channel

You can enter the chat by going to: Quakenet Webchat
Insert the following in the "Channels" field: #ffxiv.moogle
Back to top Go down
Mamami
Rising "star"
Rising
Mamami

Character
Name: Mamami
Race: Lalafell

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-27, 22:25

Yes to Mumble. One of the sites me and momo checked out had it integrated. How much is 20 seats out of interest?
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-27, 22:30

Mumble is still a standalone voice server on Enjin it seems, not too sure. €/$23.95 per month will upgrade to the "ULTIMATE" package which includes a 50 User Mumble server. 25 Teamspeak.

But you should be able to buy extra seats separately, I'm just trying to see which might be easiest to use for everyone mostly. And this could add to the donation portion of the website, where everyone can help update for the addition features + voice server use.

7.95 for "Advance" package which is for 10 User server.
Back to top Go down
Mamami
Rising "star"
Rising
Mamami

Character

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-27, 22:32

Was checking out here earlier in the day as one of the sites me and Momo looked at had it. Nice to see it's still cheaper than vent.
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-27, 22:45

Aah, that could definitely be a consideration in terms of mumble.
As for forum solutions, Enjin seems a great way to go. Multiplay seems more dedicated to private server hosting.

Appearantly these are the prices of User upgrades on Mumble through Enjin.
10 User - $2.50 p/m
15 User - $3.75 p/m
25 User - $6.25 p/m
50 User - $12.50 p/m
100 User - $25.00 p/m
150 User - $37.50 p/m

I think these are "Added" user seats to the already base given amount of seats coming with the Enjin package.
Back to top Go down
Mamami
Rising "star"
Rising
Mamami

Character

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-27, 22:49

Indeed, only thing i have ever considered getting from them is VoiceCom, i think my friend has a mumble server so i am going to ask whose his is with. Do you know if only Enjins Mumble can be integrated?
Back to top Go down
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-27, 22:52

*Edit* It has Enjin user integration. Though it seems Enjin only because it uses your member information on the enjin server.
Back to top Go down
Mamami
Rising "star"
Rising
Mamami

Character

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-27, 22:59

liberi fatali have the mumble on their page so you can. rather liking Enjin's seat prices, plus there different tiers have some nice benefits.
Back to top Go down
Konata
Administrator
Administrator
Konata

Character
Name: Konata Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-28, 00:07

The site look good and with being able to post news on the home page we can use it let people know of up coming events were holding and shows screenshot of events and random adventures we have
Back to top Go down
Momo Alfon
Momo Alfon

Character
Name: Momo Alfon
Main Class: Thaumaturge Thaumaturge

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-28, 08:56

site looks great i hope we get lots of friendly trolls on there cheers 
Back to top Go down
Caelia
Rising "star"
Rising
Caelia

Character
Name: Caelia Alberic
Main Class: Archer Archer

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-28, 12:14

Well, I just registered, browsed it a little bit and I have to say things look nice. Good to see the way ARR is a part of it, specially the news feed on the homepage. The font is good, clear and nice on the eyes, don't need my glasses to read it. The background and all is oke too. All in all, with the events and the calender, looks pretty good. I checked it on my phone too and that is better than this one, much more straight forward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/caelia-alberic/
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character
Name: Phyllo Rastell
Main Class: Lancer Lancer

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-28, 16:24

I already had an accourt on an enjin website and was too lazy to make another email address so I took another site x) but it sure is a nice website-maker
Back to top Go down
http://eternal-rose.skyforum.net
Zeblackcat
Administrator
Administrator
Zeblackcat

Character

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-28, 17:14

@Mamami - That certainly does look nice and easy to use for everyone. <3

@Konata - The front page posts aren't forum based, it's a completely different module. I'll have to take a look into the moderator/tag system and permissions. I think it'd be nice to split it up in people who can look over the order of the forums, and those that can create and modify special features like the front page.

@Momo - Can it be cats instead? I prefer cats o.o

Caelia - Yeah, I added the current XIV rss feed on the front page. I would love to add Yoshi's posts in a special feed, but it seems that's impossible. But likely it will also update the character progression information on the website in the future.

The design is nice and crisp, simple and easy to understand without having to search for ages. Which I think is very important. It's fun to create a personal touch and all when we're in a small group as it is currently, but if we will have more nice and awesome people joining in the future it's important we don't need to give personal explanations to every single member or have unnecessary sticky's clutter the boards to make sure everyone understands.

Maybe some simple groundrules and stuff, but otherwise it's best if the forum portrays its uses in a natural way.

@Mao - I would love to hear your opinion on a switch over to the enjin boards. I've been crafting and designing on it a bit, but it wasn't necessarily my intention to have everyone join without some discussion, hence this topic.

We've got everyone together here, and it'd be a bit of work to transition everyone if they'll all agree. And it would certainly open up possible future features that could be nice for the social aspects. Plus it doesn't need as much work creating a basic forum, cause as it stands now it should already have a good base to run itself so people don't need to mess around too much on it. Including myself.
Back to top Go down
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-29, 11:34

Well as i said on the cb, i suggest we keep both for no, till the end of phase four then use the enjin for the release.
Back to top Go down
Caelia
Rising "star"
Rising
Caelia

Character
Name: Caelia Alberic
Main Class: Archer Archer

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-29, 12:03

Sounds like a good idea to me, Mao. That way we have time to see how everything will work
on enjin, and start fresh at release! :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/caelia-alberic/
Maô
Popular one
Popular one
Maô

Character

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-29, 14:00

You got it ^^
Back to top Go down
N'awikhe Xaran
Rising "star"
Rising
N'awikhe Xaran

Character
Name: Xara Jajana
Main Class: Marauder Marauder

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-29, 19:02

Looks great......wait a min... how did I end up at Carrotknights website?

I suggest we move a bit before phase 4 since I don't think we can resist to play than moving threads over to new homepage.
Back to top Go down
N'awikhe Xaran
Rising "star"
Rising
N'awikhe Xaran

Character
Name: Xara Jajana
Main Class: Marauder Marauder

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-30, 17:26

Are we gonna move threads to the new forms?
Back to top Go down
Konata
Administrator
Administrator
Konata

Character
Name: Konata Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime2013-07-30, 17:35

we not going to move threads over but members can move them over if they want to but moving your introduction topic is good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enjin forum discussion   Enjin forum discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enjin forum discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Rose Linkshell :: Information :: General-
Jump to: